Spending hours in shopping malls just to pick an outfit for one special occasion or choose various clothes in order to renew your wardrobe is every women’s dream come true!
Fashion has always played a huge role in everyone’s life even centuries ago, but in the 21st century, it has become a lifestyle.
People spend quite a lot of money on material, especially women because a creating individual style can be a great way to lift up a mood, express oneself and feel self-confident. A fashion is even called a universal language, because no matter where people are from and what language they speak, they understand fashion in the same way.
In addition to this, it makes you look attractive to others and even though people try not to judge by an appearance, good or bad first impressions are mostly depended on the way you look and dress. So, that’s why people pay lots of attention to clothes and try to keep up with trends in order to be fashionable.
- One of the most popular trends of 2018 is definitely a check print, which can be used on almost all types of clothes: trousers, skirts, blazers, suits and even coats. One of the benefits of a check is variety, which means that it matches with all styles, from casual to formal and you can pull it off at any event you wish, but check prints usually suit more formal looks.
Choose whatever you want from the inside and then put on a long coat or a jacket with checks and you will look incredible! In addition to this, check skirts might look like a school uniform at first sight, but it is a top trend and can be found everywhere this year. Matching trousers and suits with boots is absolutely a must-wear, because of its retro and contemporary mix and the feeling that 20th century’s fashion is coming back.
- Another print that has been a trend in 2018 is the 60’s floral brought back from the 60’s with the mix of large buds and dramatic colors, even though some of the designs don’t feel fresh, vintage-inspired looks are quite a news. Famous brands, like Marc Jacobs, Gucci, Dolce&Gabanna have used floral prints on their runaways and of course, tried to give it a fresh look. It’s time to fill your wardrobe with vintage flowers.
60’s aren’t the only common period in fashion, oversize jewelry, which includes extraordinary earrings, fall leaves, chunky chains, re-appropriation of everyday objects, statement necklace, is definitely 80’s reference.
One thing is for sure any piece of jewelry in 2018 has to be extremely large and stand out. It will give any look a sunny, fancy and classy touch.
- Glitter, sequins, sparkles and MORE SPARKLES not only for nighttime festivities but also for daytime wear! From tops to dresses, shimmery skirt to coats your style will definitely get a shiny, sparkly and glamorous look.
As for color trend, a soft shade of lavender is totally “in”, it’s most of what has been shown at the red carpets by famous stars such as Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Lopez and on runaways and it has completely replaced millennial pink. Lavender with any tones, even on accessories has light and airy look and suits all styles.
If you’re addicted to collecting sunglasses and are completely obsessed with them, then you will be interested in what shapes and shades are trendy in order to keep up with fashion. Well, finding perfect sunglasses can be quite challenging, but you can at least be informed about fashion and then make an adequate decision. You should choose between embellished shapes, retro cat-eyes, ski goggles, tinted lenses and flat-top visors, which are must-have styles for this year.
- One of the biggest trends of 2018 is jumpsuit, and that’s great news for everyone, who loves being fashionable and pays huge attention to being comfortable, as well. Another great thing is a huge range of variety you can wear a jumpsuit in different ways and add some accessories to add more sophisticated and trendy touch.
For example, you can wear a baggy one, khaki green or dusted green with high heels and add a clutch for a more stylish look. In addition to this, safari khaki version looks with a colorful clutch, and retro cat-eye sunglasses is also a right choice, but if you’re looking for more modern and simple look you have to go with a white jumpsuit and black leather shoes.
- As for shoes, if you would like to go with a more comfortable style, you can always turn to good old combat boots, which look nice with both dresses and pants. Another reasonable option is western-inspired cowboy boots, ankle-height version, short version or long version, which have been worn by some famous street style stars in 2018.
But if you’re thinking about more formal and classy shoes, you should definitely consider wearing Crayola brights in order to look a bit colorful or slingback shoes if you feel nostalgic about the 80’s.
- We still haven’t discussed the bags which are an absolutely necessary attribute and plays a huge role in an outfit to anyone admiring fashion and fishnet bag is an obsession in 2018.
Despite a name it looks stylish, can suit any style and there are many types of it produced by famous brands, such as Vetements. But if brands’ handbag isn’t financially attainable you can always find it on market under acceptable price.
Gianni Versace once said: “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way you live”. This doesn’t mean that following and keeping up with trends is the wrong way, it’s just to stand out and be charming, you need to find your own sense of fashion, little details to add to your outfit in order to express yourself through fashion in your individual way.